Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2009-2010 Preseason Game #1 Tomorrow!

The first preseason game against the Phoenix Coyotes starts tomorrow at 7. The only group more excited than the fans for the start of the season is the team.

Training camp started last Sunday, after a 122-day break since the Ducks lost to Detroit in the last game of the Western Conference Championships. And the first preseason game will be tomorrow evening at the Honda Center against Phoenix.

Over the break, the Ducks have made some key changes to the roster. A few veterans were re-signed, but there's been a few new faces added on. Some noteable newbies include:

Saku Koivu- a forward from Finland
Luca Sbisa- the 19 year old acquisition from Philidelphia after the draft.
Joffrey Lupul- re-Ducked after a 3 year career in Philidelphia
Evgeny Artyukhin- A Moscow transplant and a name I will struggle to get used to
Justin Pogge- goaltender from the Maple Leaves that will have tough competition against the Duck's veteran netminders.
Nick Boynton- a defenseman from the Florida Panthers

This season promises to be a good one, and I vow to do the best I can to update this blog after every game that I can. Some of my readers may be aware that I have recently moved away from the Anaheim area, and therefore will have difficulty seeing most of the games. While being at the games is no longer a luxury I can afford, I will do the best I can with substitute measures, such as listening to the Ducks live streaming radio broadcast or visiting sportsbars that will play the games. Be assured, I have no intention of letting this blog go, as it's been way too much fun to have, however I may need some slack here and there.

To all of you who are able to see the game live, know that you are lucky and that I am jealous! Enjoy the season everyone!

LETS GO DUCKS!!

No comments: